Test two

[T]HIS MORNING, I took a test.

It was my second test of the coronavirus pandemic, actually.

It’s funny Sue’s prompt today is, “test.”

I thought today was a good day to document my experiences with the tests I’ve gotten because of possible exposure to the virus.

I took my first test July 7, and I’d gotten instructions the day before from the clinic to be in the parking lot at 7:15 a.m. and someone would come to my truck to take my information.

Daddy decided to get tested with me so we arrived at the clinic at 6:40 a.m.

There were 25 numbered parking spots, and we parked in the first one without a number because most of the numbered ones were taken.

There were plenty more people in overflow spots by 7:15, and we sat there a few more minutes before someone approached our window.

She took my name and information, and then told us to come back at 1 p.m. for the test.

We arrived 10 minutes early, stayed in the truck and watched others get their test.

The phone rang at 1 on the dot.

We answered questions.

We were instructed to email the clinic pictures of our driver’s licenses and insurance cards, which we did.

Then we waited until the phone rang again.

We walked to a tent against the wall of the clinic and sat down in chairs while our vital signs were checked.

Then they opened the swab.

I braced to keep from stiffening up, but I stiffened up anyway.

The swab made its way up my right nostril.

It was not the most comfortable thing, but it’s not as bad as you may have heard or thought.

Once the right nostril was done, the left nostril was a breeze.

We went back to the truck, waited an hour before we both got our negative test results delivered to the driver’s side window and went to enjoy some carry-out nachos.

This morning’s test was a little different.

I went to a different clinic, and, based on past experience, I figured I’d better be in the parking lot a while before it opened.

I got there in plenty of time, and there was one more car in the parking lot.

I was instructed to come inside the clinic when it opened at 8 a.m.

I signed in and was taken straight to an exam room to fill out forms and answer questions.

Then the swab was opened.

Again, my right nostril was probed first.

It wasn’t bad, but the left nostril was easier.

When it was done, I was given an excuse for work and instructed to quarantine until my results come back 48 to 72 hours from the test.

I’d like to say I’m thankful to work for a company which allows me to work from home while I quarantine, and I’m thankful for the technology to be able to work from my room.

Test two is over, but, at least until the results come back, the quarantine continues.

2 thoughts on “Test two”

  1. Casey: Hang in there. When we first entered missionary service we had an area director in the midst of situations would always say “We are gonna make it”. I still say it every few days myself. Yes, we are gonna make it with the Good Lord’s help.God bless.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s